Newborn Session Guide
Before your newborn session...
Be sure to let us know when your baby arrives so that we can schedule your session as soon as possible. Please be sure to let us know if there are any issues such as a NICU stay, Circumcision date, molding, or marks that you want us to work around. Ideally, your session will take place with in the first 2-3 weeks after your baby arrives.
You do NOT need to bring any props or hats, etc with you. However if there is something specific you want us to incorporate, please bring it.
Before leaving for the session...
Approximately 30-60 minutes before you plan to leave for your session, please give your baby a bath. This will keep them awake for a bit and help them to sleep better during the session. Right after the bath, put on a diaper only. Feed them and then secure them in their carseat. Keep baby safe and warm! If you are able to do this with little to no clothing other than the diaper, wonderful. If not, feel free to put on a simple snap onesie. The less we need to remove, the better.
IMPORTANT: Do not let your baby sleep all morning!!! No need to make them miserable, but you should not let them get a ton of sleep or they will not be cooperative for our session.
Be sure to bring with you the following items:
- Milk (either mom or bottle)
- Pacifier if you are willing (even if they don't take it regularly)
- Swaddle blankets
- Plenty of diapers and wipes
- Comfy clothing for baby after the session
- Simple, non crumbling snack for siblings (raisins, smarties, gummys) and water only
- Simple clothing for Parents- White, Black, Cream, Gray, etc with no patterns. Prefer simple and classic
- Make-up/hair product for mom
- Support person! It helps to have a partner, grand-parent or friend help you come to the session.
Getting to the Studio...
Our studio is located at:
Dallas Birth Center
4218 Main St
Dallas, TX 75226
The building is located on Main Street, but parking is in the gated area behind the building. If the gate is closed, please enter the gate code 6124. Park in the far back corner of the parking lot. We are the last entrance on the left if you are facing the building. Look for the Dallas Birth Center Sign.
Rules for the Session...
- Baby is the boss!! We make no promises on specific poses as each baby is different. We will do our best!
- Patience, grasshopper. This isn't magic. It is patience and time. It make take two hours, it may take four. We are there for the long haul.
- Eat, drink, catch a nap. Make sure you are still taking care of you!
- It will be HOT. Babies like it warm. We try to keep the room around 80-90 degrees. Feel free to step out and get some air. And ignore that we will look like a hot sweaty mess.
- Poop and pee are normal. We have your baby naked. It happens.
- If you don't like something, feel free to speak up! We will certainly use our creative vision, but we welcome your feedback!